Filipino Style Recipe: Tuna and mushroom omelet or omelette is an easy yet delicious breakfast recipe. It is consists of beaten eggs, tuna flakes and mushrooms then cooked until set. Then usually serve during breakfast with fried rice.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 10-20 minutes
Good for 1 servings
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 can(115 grams) mushrooms, pieces and stems
1 can(155 grams) tuna flakes(spicy/oil), drained
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup cheese, grated
1/4 cup evaporated milk(optional)
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped(optional for garnishing)
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk together until frothy then season with salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
1. In a nonstick frying pan, heat butter over medium heat.
2. Saute onions, mushrooms and tomatoes for 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Add tuna flakes and ground pepper, continue sauteing for another 3 minutes. Strain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, add butter, half of tuna-mushroom mix then pour half of egg mixture.
2. Sprinkle with grated cheese then cook until bottom is golden.
3. Gently fold omelet over then carefully slide omelette onto a serving plate.
4. Garnish with parsley then serve with hot sauce!
1. You may include bell peppers and zucchini sliced thinly in omelette filling.
Powered by Facebook Comments