Filipino Style Recipe: Patupat is another popular Filipino delicacy and pasalubong from northern part of Luzon. This delicacy is a ilocano version of suman. Like other suman the glutinous rice cooked in coconut milk and sugar then wrap in banana leaves and steamed until done.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus soaking time)
Estimated time of cooking: 1 1/2 hours
1 kilo glutinous rice(malagkit)
3 cups coconut milk
1 cup muscovado or molasses brown sugar
banana leaves, cleaned and cut into 6×12 inch
banana leaves, cut into strings or cotton strings
1. In a bowl, place glutinous rice and water then soak for at least 3 hours.
1. In a wok, cooked glutinous rice in coconut milk and sugar in a low heat until done. Let it cool and set aside.
2. Singe each banana leaf into flames for a few seconds but do not burn. Let it cool then wipe with clean cloth.
3. Scoop a cup of cooked glutinous rice then wrap in banana leaf in a cone shape. Tie to secure using banana or cotton string.
4. Steam for 50 minutes then drain and let it cool before serving.
Powered by Facebook Comments