Filipino Style Recipe: Sauteed snow peas and chicken is easy, simple and affordable dish. Normally the chicken pieces coated in batter and fried until brown. The snow peas sauteed and cooked in stock together with chicken for a few minutes. This dish is affordable and easy to prepare which usually serve as side dish or during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
150 grams chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
100 grams snow peas, trimmed
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 cup chicken stock
1 raw egg, beaten
1 cup cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, egg, salt, ground pepper and then cornstarch. Stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes.
1. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and deep fry chicken for about 7 minutes or until color turns to golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add snow peas and continue sauteing for a few seconds.
3. Add chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to boil then add chicken and simmer for a minute.
5. Remove from heat then serve hot immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments