Filipino Style Recipe: Sotanghon soup with patola and egg is another noodle soup dish that usually serve during rainy season. The pork sauteed then cooked with patola and sotanghon noodles. Topped with egg slices and saffron before serve.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1 big-sized sponge gourd(patola), peeled and sliced
2 packs sotanghon noodles
4 eggs, boiled, peeled and sliced
150 grams pork, cut into small pieces or shrimps
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
fish sauce and pepper to taste
1 pork broth cubes(optional)
1/2 teaspoon saffron(optional)
1. In a saucepan, heat oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add pork and fish sauce then cook until color turns to light brown.
3. Add water and pork broth cubes then simmer for 10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
4. Add patola and cook for 2 minutes then season with fish sauce and pepper.
6. Add sotanghon noodles and simmer for 1 minute.
7. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Top with sliced eggs and saffron.
Powered by Facebook Comments