Filipino Style Recipe: Creme brulee also known as trinity cream or burnt cream is one of my favorite dessert. It is consists of heavy cream, egg yolks and sugar then topped with caramelized sugar. This is traditionally flavored with vanilla and sometimes can also be flavored with chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, lemon, orange or other fruits.
Estimated time of preparation: 15-20 minutes
Estimated time of baking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 6 ramekins
1. In a sauce pan, combine heavy cream and sugar then simmer until sugar is dissolved. Let it cool.
2. In a bowl, combine beaten egg yolks, cream mixture, salt and vanilla then whisk until thick and well blended.
3. Fill up each ramekins with egg-cream mixture then arrange in a shallow pan.
1. Fill the pan with hot water until halfway of ramekins then bake over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-50 minutes or until custard is set.
2. Let it cool then cover each ramekins with aluminum foil and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. Sprinkle each ramekins with sugar then shake off the excess sugar.
2. Caramelize the sugar using kitchen torch or broiler until color turns to amber. Serve!
Powered by Facebook Comments