Filipino Style Recipe: Bacon fried rice is another easy and simple rice dish. It is mainly made up of cooked rice stir fried together with bacon, green peas and other spicy seasonings. This can be serve during breakfast together with your favorite dish and soup.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 3-4 servings
3 cups cooked rice, leftover
150 grams cured bacon
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, chopped
2 tablespoons spring onions
2 tablespoons green peas
1 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 pieces raw eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
1. In the pan, heat oil then fry bacon over medium heat until crisp.
2. Drain on paper towel then cut into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Reduce and reserve the excess oil. Leave at least 2 tablespoons oil in the pan.
1. In a same pan, saute garlic, onion and green peas for 2 minutes.
2. Add cooked rice and 2 tablespoons reserved oil then stir cook for 3 minutes. Add eggs then set for a minute.
3. Add 1 tablespoon spring onions then stir, scramble and break them into small pieces.
4. Add bacon then season with salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Transfer to serving plate then serve with other dish. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments