Filipino Style Recipe: Beef Chopsuey is another variety of chopsuey originated from Chinese cuisine. Chopsuey also becomes popular in Filipino cuisine and other countries. Normally the beef marinated and stir cooked with beef broth, oyster sauce and cornstarch together with vegetables.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams beef sirloin, cut into thin slices
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, quartered
2 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 beef buillion
1 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup cauliflower
1 carrot, thinly sliced
100 grams snow peas (sitsaro)
100 grams baby corn
1 red bellpepper, cut into strips
1. In a bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add marinated beef then stir cook for 3 minutes.
3. Pour water, beef cube and vegetables then cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are half-done.
4. Pour dissolved cornstarch, sugar and oyster sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Transfer to serving plate then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments