Filipino Style Recipe: A Philippine favorite meryenda (mid-afternoon snack) made of puto bread with leche flan.
4 egg yolks
1 big can (300 grams) condensed milk
2 teaspoon lemon juice
Part 1 (Leche Flan)
1. In a bowl, combine mixture then whisk until well blended.
2. Grease moulds then pour leche flan mixture 1/2 inch full.
3. Place into steamer then cover with cheesecloth, steam over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from steamer and let it cool.
Part 2 (Puto)
1. In a separate bowl, combine wet mixture until blended
2. In another bowl, combine wet mixture until blended
3. Combine both mixture then add food color. Mix until no lumps and smooth.
4. Strain mixture using clean cheesecloth then pour over leche flan until almost full.
5. Place into steamer then cover with cheesecloth, steam over low heat for another 10 minutes.
6. Top each puto with leche flan then steam for another 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a puto comes out clean.
7. Remove from steamer and let it cool.
Powered by Facebook Comments