Filipino Style Recipe: Ground Pork and Chicken Caldereta or Kalderetang Giniling na Baboy at Manok is another variety of Filipino tomato-based caldereta. Normally ground pork and chicken fillet cooked in tomato sauce, bell pepper, liver spread, carrots and potatoes. This is another mouth-watering dish.
300 grams ground pork
200 grams chicken fillet, cut into small pieces
250 grams tomato sauce
1 large onions, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 large potatoes, cubed
2 large carrots, cubed
2 red and green bell peppers, diced
3-4 cups water
1 can (85 grams)liver spread or peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2-3 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
1. In a pan heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots until golden brown.
2. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add chicken, continue sauteing until color turns to light brown.
3. Add ground pork then saute for 3 minutes.
4. Add liver spread, tomato sauce, bay leaves and water then simmer for 5 minutes or until meat is tender. Add water if necessary.
5. Add carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, liver spread and chili. Simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
8. Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments