gyoza or dumpling wrappers
4 cups cabbage, chopped into small pieces
250 grams ground pork
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
salt and ground white pepper to taste
ground white pepper
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili
1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and 1/2 teaspoon salt then let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze the cabbage firmly to discard excess water.
3. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, ground pork, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and ground white pepper then mix evenly with your hand.
1. Scoop a spoonful of mixture then place in the center of wrapper.
2. Moisten the entire edge of wrapper with water then fold in half.
3. Seal and crimp the edges then press against bottom into sheet pan.
4. Repeat the procedures to remaining mixture.
1. In a pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil then arrange dumplings in it flat side facing down.
2. Cook the bottom for a few minutes until light browned.
3. Slowly pour hot water until half submerged. Cover and cook until the water has evaporated.
4. Transfer the Gyoza into plate then serve with dipping sauce.
Powered by Facebook Comments