500 grams squid, clean and cut into rings
1 lemon, juice
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
2 raw eggs, beaten
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
vegetable oil for frying
1. In a bowl, marinate squid in lemon juice for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Add squid then dip in beaten eggs. Dredge it with bread crumbs then place on a plate.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the squid for a minute or until golden brown. Do not overcooked.
2. Remove squids and drain on paper towels.
3. Serve with garlic dip or tomato salsa. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
For Garlic Dip:
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fine sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt and white pepper
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
For Fresh Tomato Sauce:
1 cup chopped tomatoes, seeded
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons fine sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a sauce pan, heat olive oil then saute garlic, onions and tomatoes until soften.
2. Add parsley, water, salt and sugar then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a blender, transfer tomato mixture then process until smooth.
4. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil then mix well.
Powered by Facebook Comments