2 pieces whole cream dory fillet, halves
2 tomatoes, cubed
1/2 cup tomato paste
4 tablespoons calamansi/lemon juice
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
1 tablespoon capers
3 garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon dried basil flakes (optional)
chopped spring onions for garnishing
1. Marinate fillet into ginger powder, salt, ground pepper and calamansi juice for 15 minutes. Drain.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry marinated fillet until light brown. Drain and set aside into serving plate.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes until soft.
2. Add black olives, capers, chili flakes, tomato paste, and water. Stir and bring to boil.
3. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer until the sauce reduced.
4. Pour the sauce on top of fillet then garnish with spring onions. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments