4 pieces chicken thighs or drumsticks
2 cups sticky rice(malagkit), uncooked
5 cups water or chicken stock
1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons fish sauce(patis)
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 chicken broth cube(optional)
spring onions for garnishing(optional)
4 pieces eggs, hard-boiled(optional)
toasted garlic, chopped(optional)
calamansi or lemon juice(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add chicken, chicken broth cubes, pepper and fish sauce.
3. Cook until chicken is tender and color turns to golden brown.
4. Transfer everything into a large bowl then set aside.
1. In a same pan, Add rice then saute for 2 minutes.
2. Pour water then cover and simmer while stirring occasionally until the rice is cooked. Add water if necessary.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste then simmer for a few minutes.
4. Transfer to serving bowl then add hard-boiled eggs and chicken.
5. Sprinkle with safflower, toasted garlic and spring onions then serve with calamansi.
Powered by Facebook Comments