1 kilo chicken feet
8 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
3 cups water
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
salt to taste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 star anise
oil for frying
parsley for garnishing
1. Cut off chicken feet claws then scrub well with salt.
2. Rinse chicken feet thoroughly and drain.
1. In a bowl, marinate chicken in soy sauce for 30 minutes. Drain and discard the marinade.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry chicken feet until golden brown. Drain.
1. In a pot, heat oil then saute ginger, onion, and garlic.
2. Add chicken feet then stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce, peppercorns, bay leaves, sugar and water.
4. Cover and simmer in a low heat for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Add water in necessary.
5. Add oyster sauce, Hoisin sauce, and chili flakes then simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add start anise, sesame oil then adjust seasoning according to taste.
7. Cook and simmer until the sauce is almost dry. Toss frequently.
8. Garnish with parsley.
Powered by Facebook Comments