Filipino Style Recipe: Cashew Polvoron is another variety of polvoron made up of toasted flour, powdered milk, sugar, butter and ground cashew. This is a simple sweet delicacy and easy to prepared.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-25 minutes(plus wrapping time)
Estimated time of cooking: 15 minutes
Good for 30-35 pieces
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups powdered full cream milk
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/8 cup butter, melted
1 cup ground cashew
japanese paper or or cellophane
1. In a pan over medium heat, toast flour for about 15 minutes or until color turns to light brown. Stir constantly.
2. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool. Set aside.
1. Add powdered milk and sugar then mix until well combined.
2. Sift then pour melted butter. Mix well until smooth.
3. Add ground cashew then stir well.
1. In a polvoron mold, scoop and press the mixture until compact.
2. Wrap the molded polvoron with cellophane wrapper then secure by twisting both ends.
3. Repeat until all the mixture are consumed. Done!