The sweetness of the dulce de leche is balanced with the cheese. The cake base is very easy to prepare and came out soft and moist. Perfect with your favorite coffee or tea.
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 pieces egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lemon juiced and zested with 1/2 cup hot water
Dulce de Leche:
1 cup condensed milk
2 cupa evaporated milk
2 piece egg yolk
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon butter
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated for topping
1.In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Add the milk, egg, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are well blended.
3. Pour batter in 8 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.Remove from oven and let it cool.
4. In a saucepan combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk, egg yolk, and cornstarch. Mix until the egg and cornstarch as well blended.
5. Cook over medium heat while stirring consistently until mixture becomes thick around 20-30 minutes.Cake is done when it springs back to the touch
6. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and butter.Let it cool before frosting the cake. Top with grated cheese