1/2 kilo Prawns, cleaned
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons hot sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch or flour(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
Chopped spring onion for garnishing(optional)
1/2 cup flour
a dash of salt
1 raw egg
1/2 cup water
1. 1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, egg and water to make a smooth batter. Stir to mix well.
2. Dip shrimp into batter then hold it up to drain well.
3. Deep fry shrimps until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add bell pepper then continue sauteing for a minute.
3. Add tomato sauce, hot sauce, soy sauce and dissolved flour then simmer for 3 minutes or until thicken.
4. Add shrimps then season with salt and pepper then cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Garnish with spring onions.
5. Transfer to serving plate then serve immediately with garlic rice.