Filipino Style Recipe: Grilled Garlic Squid a simple yet delicious dish that doesn’t require much ingredients. The squid marinated, grilled and cooked in soy sauce, lemon juice, soda, pepper and garlic. Avoid to overcook the squid because it will become rubbery texture and tough.
1. To clean the squid, pull the head and remove the plastic-like cartilage.
2. Then push the head in, popping out the hard “beak” and discard it.
3. Wash the squid very well under running water.
1. In a bowl, combine squid and all the ingredients then marinate for at least 1 hour.
1. Grill the squid for 3 minutes, use the marinade sauce for basting. Set aside.
1. In a pan, simmer marinade until the sauce reduced.
2. Add squid then stir cook for another minute.(Don’t overcooked, squid will become tough).
3. Transfer to serving bowl then serve. Enjoy!