250 grams ground pork
1 cup cabbage, chopped into small pieces
20-25 pieces gyoza or dumpling wrappers
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
salt and ground white pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and 1/2 teaspoon salt then let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze the cabbage firmly to discard excess water.
3. In a large bowl, ground pork, combine cabbage, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and ground white pepper then mix evenly with your hand.
1. Scoop a spoonful of mixture then place in the center of wrapper.
2. Moisten the entire edge of wrapper with water then fold in half.
3. Seal and crimp the edges then press against bottom into sheet pan.
4. Repeat the procedures to remaining mixture.
1. In a steamer, arrange the pork dumplings lined with cabbage leaves. 2. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
2. Serve with dipping sauce.