1 kilo large/medium sized fresh squid, clean
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 tablespoons calamansi juice
salt and ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3 large tomatoes, chopped finely
2 onions, chopped finely
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienne
1/4 cup chopped parsley(optional)
1. Marinate squid in soy sauce, calamansi juice and ground pepper. Refrigerate for 6 hours. Drain.
1. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, ginger and parsley, salt and pepper. Toss together.
2. Stuff the mixture inside the squid then secure with toothpick. (Do not to over stuff the squid)
3. Grilled over hot charcoal for 10 minutes. Baste with marinade and cooking oil.
4. Transfer to serving plate then slit the squid vertically.
5. Serve with liquid seasoning.
3-4 pieces medium-sized squid, cleaned
2-3 cups cooked rice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
300 grams beef sirloin, slice thinly into small pieces
1 white onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup tomato puree
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a bowl, marinate beef for 30 minutes. Set aside.
1.In a pan, heat oil then stir cook beef over high heat for 3 minutes.
2. Add cooked rice and parsley then mix until well blended.
3. Season with salt and pepper according to taste. Let it cool.
1. In a separate pan, heat oil then saute onion, bell pepper and tomato puree for 3 minutes. Set aside.
1. Stuff squid with rice mixture then insert the head. Close opening with toothpick.
2. In a baking pan, place squid in a single layer then pour over the sauteed tomato puree. Cover with aluminum foil.
1. Bake in a preheated oven over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
2. Remove foil then bake uncovered for another 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Transfer into serving plate then cut into rings.
1 kilo large size squid, wash and clean
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 raw eggs
1/4 cup flour
oil for frying
200 grams ground pork
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 small carrots, minced
sugar, salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine soy sauce and lemon juice then marinate squid for at least 30 minutes.
1.In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and tomato.
2. Add ground pork then stir cook for 5 minutes or until light brown.
3. Add soy sauce and ground pepper then cook for 10 minutes. Add a little water if necessary.
4. Add carrots then simmer for another 3 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning with sugar and salt according to taste then cook until nearly dry. Set aside.
1. Stuff squid with ground pork mixture then close the ends with toothpicks.
2. Dip stuffed squid into beaten egg then roll in flour.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then deep fry each squid until golden brown. Drain.
2. Transfer into serving plate then glaze with your favorite sauce.