Filipino Style Recipe: sinigang sa miso(maya maya) or snapper in miso-tamarind soup is another Filipino soup dish. This is similar to other sinigang that has a sour broth. Normally the snapper cooked in a combination in rice washing, tomatoes, vegetables, miso paste and tamarind which gives a sour taste.
Estimate Time of Preparation and Cooking: 40 minutes to 55 minutes.
Good for 3-5 person.
1 kilo snapper(maya maya)
3 tablespoons miso paste
1 pack of tamarind powder or tamarind(sampalok)
3 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
a bunch of mustard greens(mustasa)
1 radish, sliced(optional)
3 green pepper(siling haba)
1 liter water or rice washing
fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry fish until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
2. Add miso paste and fish sauce then stir cook for a minute.
3. Pour water then bring to boil. Add sinigang mix then bring to boil.
4. Add fried fish and green pepper then cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt and ground pepper according to taste.
6. Add mustard greens then simmer for a minute. Serve hot!
1. To extract tamarind juice instead of sinigang mix, boil unripe tamarind until soften then pound and extract the juice.
Powered by Facebook Comments