Filipino Style Recipe: Halaan recipe or clams is another seafood dish that usually served by Filipinos. Another simple recipe but very healthy. Used to eat the clams using your hands and scoop the meat out of the shell using your mouth. Here’s the recipe for halaan(clams) soup.
Good for 3-5 persons.
1/2 kilo fresh clams(halaan)
1 bundle chili leaves
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 thumb-sized ginger, thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
2 cups water or soup from rice cooking(sabaw-sinaing)
3 tablespoon fish sauce(patis) or salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
butter or cooking oil
1 small green papaya, sliced diagonally(optional)
1. Wash the clams thoroughly and drain. Place the clams in a container with water and salt. Cover and let it sit for several hours or overnight. This will allow the clams to expel sand.
2. In a large saucepan, heat butter and saute ginger, garlic and onion until translucent.
3. Add tomatoes, saute for 3 minutes.
4. Add fish sauce and the clams. saute for another 2 minutes.
5. Pour in water. Cover and let boil.
6. Add green papaya, simmer for about 5 minutes or until papaya is tender but not overcooked.
7. Adjust seasoning with salt and ground pepper.
8. Continue cooking over a high heat until clams open.
9. Add chili leaves then turn off the heat.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments