Filipino Style Recipe: taro coconut milk with tapioca pearls is a dessert. It is usually taro cooked to coconut milk until tender and then add sugar and salt to taste. Lastly, add tapioca pearls.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 3-4 servings
500 grams taro, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup tapioca pearls
2 cans(400ml each) coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
1. In a bowl with water, soak tapioca pearls for 3 hours.
2. In a pot, boil water on medium heat then add tapioca pearls. Cook for 10-20 minutes.
3. Stir constantly and make sure they don’t stick together. The pearls should turn clear when they’re cooked.
4. Drain tapioca pearls and transfer to a bowl of cold water.
1. In a pot, bring coconut milk to boil.
2. Add sugar and salt to taste.
3. Add taro, cook for about 30 minutes or until becomes soft.
4. Lastly, drain and add tapioca pearls.
5. Serve hot or cold.
Powered by Facebook Comments