Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken pastel in a cream mushroom sauce recipe is another easy yet delicious dish. Normally the chicken sauteed and cooked in a blend of cream of mushroom soup together with sausages. You may also add tomato sauce.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 4-5 servings
1 kilo boneless chicken, cut into servings
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup(i prefer Campbell’s)
2 pieces onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup butter
6 pieces hotdog or 1 chorizo sausage, cut sliced diagonally
200 grams tomato sauce(optional)
1. In a pot, heat butter and saute onions and garlic until translucent.
2. Add chicken, keep stirring. Cover and simmer in a low heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
3. Add hotdogs, tomato sauce, cream of mushroom soup and cheese. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning with 1 tablespoon salt and pepper. You may add 1 cup of chicken broth if needed.
5. Transfer to serving plate with grated cheese on top. Serve and enjoy!
1. You may add 2 potatoes and 1 carrot cut into diced.
2. You may also add 1 cup sliced mushroom and 2 pieces sliced hard-boiled egg.
Powered by Facebook Comments