Filipino Style Recipe: sweet and sour fish recipe is popular among Chinese restaurants. Normally the fish comes fried and the sauce is a blend of pineapple, vinegar, ketchup, sugar and cornstarch which thickens the sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4 servings
500 grams tilapia or any fish, washed and cleaned
cooking or vegetable oil for frying
salt to taste
1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup pineapple chunks, juice reserved
1 small carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally(optional)
Sweet and Sour Sauce
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup catsup
2 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1 1/2 tablespoon water)
1. Season fish with salt.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry fish until golden brown each side.
3. Transfer to serving plate and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, combine water, sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, catsup, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
2. Let sauce boil over medium heat.
3. When boiling, add dissolved cornstarch and continue stirring until thickens.
4. Remove from heat.
1. In a wok, heat oil and saute ginger, garlic onion, bell peppers and carrots until done.
2. Add the sauce then let it boil. Remove from heat.
3. Pour the sauce with veggies over fried fish.
4. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments