Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang sigarilyas or winged beans in coconut milk recipe is another simple yet tasty and nutritious vegetable dish, basically it’s a winged beans simmered in coconut milk. Add with pork or shrimp make the recipe more delicious. This is another mouth-watering vegetable dish that is truly enjoyed by most Filipinos.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
300 grams pork belly, cut into small cubes or strips
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
1 bunch winged beans(sigarilyas), sliced diagonally and ends discarded
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup dried shrimp(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry pork until color turns to light brown.
2. In a same pan, saute onion and garlic. Season with fish sauce then mix well.
3. Add dried shrimp and cook for a minute.
4. Pour in coconut cream and bring to a boil.
5. Add winged beans and cook until vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
6. Add water if necessary. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Remove from heat.
7. Serve and enjoy.
1. You may also add long beans(sitaw) and red chili if desired.
Powered by Facebook Comments