Filipino Style Recipe: beef adobo with coconut milk recipe(adobong baka sa gata) is normally the beef marinade. Then sauteed and cooked in a blend of soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and coconut milk.
Estimated time of preparation: 2 hours and 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Good for 4 servings
1/2 kilo beef, cut into cubes
1 can coconut milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 piece red chili(siling labuyo)(optional)
2 pieces bay leaves(optional)
1. In a large pot, combine beef, vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, peppercorns, ground pepper and sugar.
2. Marinate for 2 hours.
1. Bring to boil for an hour or until the beef is tender. Add water if needed.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute the garlic from beef mixture.
2. Add beef meat and cook until browned on all sides.
3. Add coconut milk, red chili and sauce. Bring to boil.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Serve with steamed rice.
1. You may also add chayote or green papaya if desired.
Powered by Facebook Comments