Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang manok or chicken in coconut milk is another simple and easy Filipino dish. It is usually the chicken sauteed and cooked in a combination of coconut milk, vegetables and seasoning. This is similar to ginataang tilapia and chicken curry but we don’t used curry powder in this recipe.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4-6 servings
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 can(12-ounce) coconut milk
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large onion, sliced
2 tbsp ginger, sliced thinly
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 pcs large hot chili peppers, sliced(optional)
a bunch of pechay(bok choy)(optional)
1 pieces chayote squash(sayote) or green papaya, cut into small pieces(optional)
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add chicken and continue sauteing for 3 minutes or until color turns to light brown.
1. Pour coconut milk, simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Add water if necessary. Stir occasionally.
2. Add in chayote or papaya. Continue simmering for another 4 minutes.
3. Pour in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
4. Add bok choy and simmer for another minute or until the milk is creamy and oil.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Remove from heat. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments