Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang tilapia recipe is another simple and easy Filipino dish. It is usually consist of tilapia fish cooked in a combination of coconut milk and some spices. I used tumeric or luyang dilaw to add more flavor and color to our dish.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4 servings
4 medium-sized tilapia
1 piece onion, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger or tumeric(luyang dilaw), diced
2 pieces green chili(siling haba)
a cup of pure coconut milk
1 eggplant(talong), cut in halves and sliced diagonally
1/2 cup of vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
a bunch of pechay(bok choy), (optional)
2 pieces small tomatoes, diced(optional)
3 pieces red chili(siling labuyo)(optional)
1. In a saucepan, arrange tilapia and eggplant.
2. Add the green chili, onion, tomatoes and ginger.
3. Pour in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
4. Let it boil for a few minutes and add the coconut milk.
5. Let it simmer or until the coconut is creamy and oily.
6. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
(Thanks to my Mom for sharing her recipe)
Powered by Facebook Comments