Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken curry is one of the popular chicken dish in the Philippines. This dish has a strong flavor and aroma similar to Indian and Arabian cuisines. Chicken is cook in curry powder and other spices, we also add coconut milk for creamy and more flavorful taste which most Filipinos love it.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes.
Good for 4-6 persons.
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
3 potatoes, quartered
3 bell pepper(red & green), cut into strips
1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
3 tablespoon curry powder
1 large onion, quartered
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon fish sauce(patis)
1 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
2 medium carrots, chopped(optional)
3 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2” long(optional)
2 pcs large hot chili peppers, sliced(optional)
1. In a pan, fry potatoes until color turns to light brown. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute garlic and onion for a few minutes until soft
3. Add chicken and pour fish sauce, continue sauteing for 3 minutes or until color turns to light brown.
4. Season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
5. Add water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is half done.
6. Lower the heat, add celery, bell peppers and fried potatoes. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
7. Add milk and stir occasionally to keep it from curdling. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
8. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
9. Remove from heat. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments