Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes. Good for 4-6 persons.
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
3 potatoes, quartered
3 bell pepper(red & green), cut into strips
1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
3 tablespoon curry powder
1 large onion, quartered
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon fish sauce(patis)
1 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
2 medium carrots, chopped(optional)
3 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2” long(optional)
2 pcs large hot chili peppers, sliced(optional)
1. In a pan, fry potatoes until color turns to light brown. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute garlic and onion for a few minutes until soft
3. Add chicken and pour fish sauce, continue sauteing for 3 minutes or until color turns to light brown.
4. Season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
5. Add water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is half done.
6. Lower the heat, add celery, bell peppers and fried potatoes. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
7. Add milk and stir occasionally to keep it from curdling. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
8. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
9. Remove from heat. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments