Filipino Style Recipe: chicken feet adobo or adobong paa ng manok is another popular adobo dish. Normally the chicken cooked in a blend of soy sauce and vinegar, season with sugar, salt and pepper. This dish is similar to other adobo dish.
Estimated time of preparation: 10-15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 5 persons
1 kilo chicken feet
2 heads garlic, peeled and crushed
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
salt to taste
5 pieces red chili peppers(labuyo), chopped(optional)
1. Cut off chicken feet claws then scrub well with salt.
2. Rinse chicken feet thoroughly and drain.
1. In a pot, arrange chicken feet, garlic, onion, ginger, soy sauce, peppercorns, bay leaves, sugar and water.
2. Cover and simmer in a low heat for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Add water in necessary.
3. Pour vinegar and season with salt then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Add red chili and cook until sauce is thickens.
6. Transfer to serving plate, serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments