Filipino Style Recipe: lumpiang shanghai is another typical Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack). It is normally consists of ground pork, shrimps, carrots and onions filling wrapped in lumpia wrapper then deep fried until golden brown and crisp.
Estimated time of preparation: 40-50 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
500 grams ground pork with fat
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onions, minced
1/2 cup carrots, minced
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons ground pepper
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 cup shrimp(peeled and minced) or ground beef,(optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients then mix well.
2. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in a line shape at the middle of the wrapper.
3. Fold over the bottom edge of the wrapper to the center.
4. Fold the two sides towards the center and roll. Use a bit egg to seal the last edge.
5. Repeat until all wrapped up.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil deep enough that wrapped lumpia is half-submerged.
2. When the oil is hot enough, deep fry lumpia for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
3. Drain on paper towel then serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Powered by Facebook Comments