Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang halo-halo or mixed fruits in sweet coconut milk is another popular Filipino snack, appetizer or dessert that usually served in special occasion. It is consist of plantain bananas, sweet potato, taro and tapioca balls cooked in sweetened coconut milk.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 3-4 servings
200 grams tapioca pearls(sago)
200 grams sweet potato(camote), peeled and cut into cubed
200 grams taro(gabi), peeled and cut into cubed
6 pieces ripe plantain bananas(saging na saba), peeled and sliced
250 grams ripe jack fruit(langka)
3 cans(400 ml) coconut milk
1 can(400 ml) coconut cream
300 grams white sugar
Glutinous Rice Balls(bilo-bilo):
1 cup glutinous rice flour(malagkit)
1/2 cup water
1. In a bowl, mix rice flour and water to make a dough-like consistency.
2. Get a small piece and form into small ball about 1/2 inch in diameter.
3. Repeat this step until all the dough are consumed. Set aside
1. In a big pot, pour coconut milk and bring to boil.
2. Add tapioca pearls, sweet potatoes and taro. Simmer uncovered until the pearls are cooked.
3. Add banana, jack fruit and rice balls. Simmer until all the rice balls has floated in the surface.
4. Pour coconut milk and sugar to taste.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments