Filipino Style Recipe: sinigang na ulo ng salmon or salmon head tamarind soup is another simple and easy Filipino dish. This is similar to other sinigang that has a sour broth. Normally the salmon head cooked in a combination of rice washing, onions, tomatoes, vegetables and tamarind which gives a sour taste.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
2 pieces salmon head
1 pack sinigang sa sampaloc mix
6 cups water or rice washing
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinly
3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 bunch of string beans(sitaw), cut into 3inch
a bunch of kangkong or pechay
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt or fish sauce to taste
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a pot, heat olive oil and saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
2. Add salmon head and pour water. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Add tamarind juice or sampaloc mix. Simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add vegetables then season with salt or fish sauce according to taste.
5. Add kangkong and simmer for another 1 minute.
6. Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot.
1. You may add other kind of vegetables.
Powered by Facebook Comments