Filipino Style Recipe: Spaghetti is originally from Italian cuisine that has become very popular in the Philippines. The Filipino style spaghetti sauce is usually sweet and creamy, the ground meat sauteed and cooked in a blend of tomato sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, hot dogs, cheese and sugar. This is commonly prepared over pasta with grated cheese and usually served in any occasion specially during holidays and birthdays. Definitely the kids love this!
1 pack(500 grams) spaghetti noodles
1/2 kilo ground meat (beef/pork/combined)
10 regular hot dogs, sliced diagonally
5 cloves garlic, minced
4 medium-sized onions, minced
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 1/2 cups banana ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
cheddar cheese, grated
1 small can evaporated milk(optional)
1 pork cube(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add ground meat and cook until brown.
3. Add hot dogs, tomato sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, pork cubes and water.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Add evaporated milk, sugar salt and pepper. Simmer a few more minutes. Stir occasionally.
7. Arrange pasta into serving plate, top with spaghetti sauce and grated cheese. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments