Filipino Style Recipe: Ube Halaya is a Filipino dessert made from purple yam. The purple yam comes boiled, peeled and grated. Cook with condensed milk and evaporated milk until thick.
1. In a pot, arrange purple yam and pour water. Bring to boil for 30 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and let it cool. Peel and grate the purple yam.
1. In a pan, melt butter in a low heat and add condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
2. Add grated purple yam and cook for 30 minutes or until becomes really thick.
3. Transfer to shallow pan and let it cool.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours then serve.
1. You may also used powdered purple yam, available in grocery stores.
Powered by Facebook Comments