Filipino Style Recipe:buko pandan is another popular Filipino dessert that usually served in any occasion specially during Holidays. It is made of young coconut strips and pandan flavored gelatin mixed with cream and condensed milk.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 10-15 minutes(plus draining time)
2 cans young coconut strips(buko)
2 boxes unflavored gelatin(colorless)
1 tablespoon pandan flavoring essence
5 cups boiling water
1 can all-purpose cream
1 can condensed milk
1 bottle green nata de coco
1 bottle clear nata de coco
1/2 cup tapioca pearls(sago), cooked(optional)
1. In a square pan, dissolved unflavored gelatin in boiling water, add pandan flavoring essence. Mix well and let it cool. Place in fridge until firm.
2. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Set aside.
1. In a strainer, drain coconut strips, green and clear nata de coco thoroughly for at least 30 minutes.
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix till well blended.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Served cold top with scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Powered by Facebook Comments