Filipino Style Recipe: Pastillas is one of the popular sweet delicacy in the Philippines. This delicacy is made of powdered milk and condensed milk mixed together until well blended. Mold into desired shapes then roll in granulated sugar. Pastillas can come in a variety of flavors (Pandan, Melon, Strawberry or Cookies and Cream).
Estimated time of preparation: 30 minutes
Good for 30-35 pieces
2-3 cups powdered milk
1 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar for coating
McCormick Pandan flavor
Green food coloring
Cookies and Cream Pastillas:
Crushed Oreo cookies
McCormick Melon Flavor
McCormick Strawberry extract
1. In a mixing bowl, pour condensed milk and flavoring. Add powdered milk gradually then mix until well blended then set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Scoop a spoonful of mixture and mold into desired shapes then roll in granulated sugar.
3. Repeat until all the mixture are consumed. Wrap into cellophane or paper.
Filipino Style Recipe: Buko Pandan Drink is another refreshing beverage and usually serve during afternoon or summer season. This drink is consists of shredded coconut, pandan gelatin, milk and coconut water then stir with ice.
1 pack green or pandan flavored gelatin
2-3 drops pandan extract
4 cups coconut water
1 big can evaporated or fresh milk
1 big can condensed milk
1 cup young coconut buko, shredded
5 pieces pandan leaves (optional)
1. Prepare gelatin based on package instructions. Let it cool and cut into small cubes. Set aside.
2. Boil pandan leaves in 4 cups water over low heat for 20 minutes or until aroma comes out. Let it cool and set aside.
1. In a water pitcher, combine all the ingredients then mix well.
2. Serve with ice cubes. Enjoy!
Filipino Style Recipe: Pandan Suman is another variety of Filipino delicacy from glutinous rice wrapped in banana leaves together with sugar, salt, coconut cream and pandan extract. This delicacy is cook in a boiling water for 2 hours then serve with your favorite dip.
Estimated time of preparation: 40 minutes(plus soaking time)
Estimated time of cooking: 2-2.5 hours
4 cups glutinous rice(malagkit)
2 cups white sugar
a dash of salt
1 teaspoon Pandan extract
2 tablespoon coconut cream
banana leaves, cleaned and cut into bigger sized
cotton strings or any food-safe string
1. In a bowl, place glutinous rice and water then soak for at least 3 hours.
2. Singe the banana leaves into flames for a few seconds but do not burn. Let it cool then wipe with clean cloth.
1. Wash and rinse the glutinous rice then drain excess water.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine glutinous rice, sugar, salt, pandan flavoring and coconut cream then mix until well combined.
3. Arrange 2 pieces banana leaf on a flat surface then scoop 3-4 tablespoons of rice mixture, fold the leaf to wrap the rice mixture.
4. Grab 2 pieces of wrapped rice mixture then tie with folded sides together using cotton string.
1. In a big pot, arrange the pieces then pour enough water to cover the wrapped rice mixture.
2. Bring to boil in a low heat for at least 2 hours or until done.
3. Unwrap then transfer to serving plate. Serve with your favorite dip.
Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken pandan is a simple yet delicious chicken dish originated from Thailand. This dish is made of chicken pieces marinated then wrapped with pandan leaves. Deep fry until golden brown then serve with toyo-mansi sauce. This is usually serve together with steamed rice or can be serve as pulutan.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 15 minutes
Good for 10-14 pieces
400 grams chicken fillets, cut into pieces
10-14 pandan leaves
cooking oil for frying
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon calamansi juice
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients then mix until well blended.
2. Add chicken then marinate for 2-3 hours inside the fridge.
3. Drain chicken then wrap each pieces with pandan leaves.
1. In a frying pan, heat enough oil then deep fry wrapped chicken until golden brown. Drain.
2. Transfer to serving plate then serve with dipping sauce and steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe:buko pandan is another popular Filipino dessert that usually served in any occasion specially during Holidays. It is made of young coconut strips and pandan flavored gelatin mixed with cream and condensed milk.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 10-15 minutes(plus draining time)
Good for 5-8 persons
2 cups young coconut, shredded into strips
1 pack gulaman(sweetened pandan flavor)
1 pack(250 ml) All-Purpose Cream
1 can(300 ml) condensed milk
1 tablespoon pandan flavoring essence
1 bottle clear nata de coco(optional)
1/2 cup tapioca pearls(sago), cooked(optional)
1. Prepare gulaman based on package instructions.
2. Cut into small cubes. Set aside.
1. In a large bowl, combine all purpose cream and condensed milk then mix until well blended.
2. Add gulaman, coconut strips, nata de coco, sago and pandan flavoring essence then mix.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.