Filipino Style Recipe: Pastillas is one of the popular sweet delicacy in the Philippines. This delicacy is made of powdered milk and condensed milk mixed together until well blended. Mold into desired shapes then roll in granulated sugar. Pastillas can come in a variety of flavors (Pandan, Melon, Strawberry or Cookies and Cream).
Estimated time of preparation: 30 minutes
Good for 30-35 pieces
2-3 cups powdered milk
1 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar for coating
McCormick Pandan flavor
Green food coloring
Cookies and Cream Pastillas:
Crushed Oreo cookies
McCormick Melon Flavor
McCormick Strawberry extract
1. In a mixing bowl, pour condensed milk and flavoring. Add powdered milk gradually then mix until well blended then set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Scoop a spoonful of mixture and mold into desired shapes then roll in granulated sugar.
3. Repeat until all the mixture are consumed. Wrap into cellophane or paper.
Filipino Style Recipe: Melon Milk Drink is another refreshing beverage and usually serve during afternoon or summer season. This drink is consists of melon, milk, sugar, and water then stir with ice.
Estimated time of preparation: 10-12 minutes
1 medium sized melon, scrape the meat
1 1/2 liters water
1 large can low fat or evaporated milk
sugar to taste
1. In a large pitcher, combine melon, milk and water.
2. Add sugar according to taste then serve with ice cubes. Enjoy!
Filipino Style Recipe: melon shake or milkshake is another sweet, creamy and refreshing beverage. The procedure is almost the same with the other milkshake. This is basically made of milk, sugar, cubed ice and melon slices. The best to served this chilled beverage during summer season.
Estimated time of preparation: 5-8 minutes
3 cups fresh cubed melon
1 cup powdered milk(optional)
3 tablespoons sugar or other sweetener to taste
1 cup ice cubes
1. In a blender, process melon, milk, and sugar until blended.
2. Add ice and blend until smooth, add more sugar if needed.
3. Pour into glasses then served cold.