Filipino Style Recipe: relyenong alimasag or stuffed crabs is delicious but hard to prepare dish. Usually the crab meat sauteed then mixed with eggs, breadcrumbs and vegetables. Then stuffed to the empty shells and then deep fried.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus boiling time)
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
12 blue crabs(alimasag)
1 onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato, diced
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup cooking oil for frying
1 potato, diced(optional)
1 carrot, diced(optional)
1-2 pieces red hot chili(labuyo), minced(optional)
1 tablespoon soy sauce(optional)
1 stalk parsley(wansoy), chopped(optional)
1. In a pot, boil crabs in salted water for 15 minutes.
2. Drain and let it cool. Scoop out all crab meat and reserve the empty shells. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes until mushy.
2. Add potatoes and carrots, cooked for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add crab meat, chili, parsley, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix and cooked 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat then transfer to large bowl.
5. Add eggs and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
6. Stuff the empty shells with mixture.
1. In a pan, heat oil and deep fry the stuffed crabs for 2 minutes each side. Shells should bottom up first.
2. Drain on paper towel, serve with steamed rice and dipping sauce.
Powered by Facebook Comments