Filipino Style Recipe: Tokneneng is another popular Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack) that is commonly sold along the streets. Tokneneng is a hard-boiled chicken eggs wrapped in orange batter then deep fried until golden brown. This is similar to kwek-kwek which is made up of quail eggs instead of chicken or duck eggs.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour,salt, pepper, water and food coloring. Mix until well blended.
2. Add baking powder, stir to smooth batter and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Place the hard-boiled eggs in the mixing bowl and coat with batter.
4. Spoon out the eggs from the batter and deep fry in hot cooking oil for a minute or until the coating is crispy.
5. Drain and serve with spicy vinegar or sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy!
1. You may also used anatto water instead of food coloring.
2. You may used duck eggs or quail eggs instead of chicken eggs.
Powered by Facebook Comments