Filipino Style Recipe: Pansit Palabok is another popular noodle dish in the Philippines. The usual pansit palabok is made of pansit bihon with palabok sauce consists of shrimp juice, annatto water, flour and fish sauce. Topped with tinapa flakes, sliced hard-boiled eggs, shrimps, squids and chicharon.
500 grams rice or cornstarch noodles (bihon), I used HOBE special palabok
8 pieces calamansi, sliced
spring onions for garnishing(optional)
200 grams ground pork
annatto water(dilute 1 tablespoon annatto seeds in 1/4 cup hot water)
1/2 cup flour or cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
2 pieces onions, chopped
1 shrimp cube(Bouillon cube)
3 cups water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
Choice of Toppings:
1 head garlic, minced(toast until light brown)
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
2 pieces tofu(tokwa)(fried and cut into small cubes)
1/2 cup smoked fish(tinapa)(fried and flakes)
1/2 cup chicharong baboy, ground
1/2 cup shrimps, peeled(stir-fried)
1 cup squid, clean and cut into rings(stir-fried)
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil saute onion then add ground pork. Cook until brown.
2. Pour water, annato water, shrimp cube and dissolved flour. Continue stirring until thicken.
3. Season with fish sauce and pepper according to taste. Keep warm and set aside.
1. In a big bowl with water, soak noodles for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Boil water in a pot. Place the soaked noodles in a strainer then dip in the boiling water.
3. Cook for 5 minutes or until firm and tender. Drain and transfer to a serving plate.
1. Pour the sauce on top then arrange toppings over the sauce.
2. Sprinkle with ground chicharon, tinapa flakes and spring onions then serve with calamansi.
Powered by Facebook Comments