Filipino Style Recipe: garlic beef ribs adobo or braised beef ribs is another mouth-watering beef dish. Normally the beef spare ribs marinate and cooked in a blend of soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, star anise, peppercorns, bay leaves, salt and pepper until absorb and sizzle.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 2 hours
Good for 4-6 servings
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon peppercorn
2 pieces star anise
3 pieces bay leaves
2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
1. In pan, heat oil and saute the garlic until golden brown, drain and set aside.
1. In a large pot, combine spare ribs and marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cook in a low heat for about 1-2 hours or until the beef is tender. Add water if necessary.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Simmer until the sauce thicken and start rendered oil.
4. Transfer to serving bowl then sprinkle with toasted garlic and chili flakes. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments