Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken adobo or adobong manok is the another popular yet easy Filipino dish. Adobo have lots of variations such as pork, chicken, combination of pork and chicken, other meats, vegetables and seafood. In this recipe, we will used chicken then marinated and cooked in a blend of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt and sugar until chicken is tender and the sauce thickens.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 30 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1 tablespoon sugar
salt to taste
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup water
1. In a pot, combine chicken, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and soy sauce. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Drain garlic and chicken then reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil and fry marinated chicken for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Pour marinade and add water. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
3. Pour vinegar and simmer for another 5 minutes then season with salt and sugar according to taste.
4. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments