Filipino Style Recipe: banana chips is a deep fried slices of bananas until crisp then coated with sugar syrup to have a sweet taste. This is a common homecoming gift(pasalubong) by most Filipinos and usually served as mid-afternoon snack(meryenda).
Estimated time of preparation: 15-20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
1. In a bowl, combine turmeric powder and salt then dissolved in ice water. Set aside.
2. Soak the sliced bananas in a ice water mixture for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil then deep fry bananas for 2 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
1. In a saucepan, boil water then dissolved sugar. Stir until dissolved then let it cool.
2. Dip the fried bananas then drain and let it cool until almost dry. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments