Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong atay at balunbalunan ng manok or chicken gizzard and liver adobo is another variety of Filipino adobo. Chicken gizzard, heart and liver is an exotic foods and usually served as favorite pulutan is some occasions.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons
350 grams chicken giblets and hearts
150 grams chicken liver
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon pepper corns
3 pieces bay leaves
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add giblets and heart then stir cook until brown.
3. Add liver and cook until brown and tender.
4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, pepper corns, bay leaf and chili flakes.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste. Cook until sauce is thickens to nearly dry.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments