1/2 kilo Pork Liver(atay)
2-3 onions, chopped
4-5 red chili(labuyo), chopped
1/2 cup cane vinegar (sukang iloko)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub pork liver with salt then grill brown. Let it cool.
2. Chop into serving pieces then place into bowl.
3. Add onion, chili, vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Toss and serve together with cold beer.
Filipino Style Recipe: grilled pork liver or inihaw na atay ng baboy is another simple yet popular finger-food(pulutan). This is usually made of marinated pork liver(atay) then grill for a few minutes. Serve with soy sauce, calamansi juice and red chili. Pork liver is a good source of protein and iron to helps the body generates healthy red blood cells.
Estimated time of preparation: 5 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 5-10 minutes
500 grams pork liver(atay), 1 inch thick
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/8 cup calamansi or lime juice
1/4 teaspoon grind black pepper
dash of salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients then marinate pork liver for at least 3 hour or in a fridge overnight.
1. Remove the pork liver and then reserve the marinade.
2. Combine ketchup and oil in marinade then mix well for basting.
3. Grill marinated pork liver over hot charcoal for 2 minutes each side or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
4. Slice into serving pieces then serve with spicy tuyo-mansi.
Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong atay at balunbalunan ng manok or chicken gizzard and liver adobo is another variety of Filipino adobo. Chicken gizzard, heart and liver is an exotic foods and usually served as favorite pulutan is some occasions.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons
350 grams chicken giblets and hearts
150 grams chicken liver
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon pepper corns
3 pieces bay leaves
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add giblets, heart and water then stir cook until almost dry and brown.
3. Add liver and cook until brown and tender.
4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, pepper corns, bay leaf and chili flakes.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste. Cook until sauce is thickens to nearly dry.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.