Filipino Style Recipe: grilled pork liver or inihaw na atay ng baboy is another simple yet popular finger-food(pulutan). This is usually made of marinated pork liver(atay) then grill for a few minutes. Serve with soy sauce, calamansi juice and red chili. Pork liver is a good source of protein and iron to helps the body generates healthy red blood cells.
Estimated time of preparation: 5 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 5-10 minutes
500 grams pork liver(atay), 1 inch thick
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/8 cup calamansi or lime juice
1/4 teaspoon grind black pepper
dash of salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients then marinate pork liver for at least 3 hour or in a fridge overnight.
1. Remove the pork liver and then reserve the marinade.
2. Combine ketchup and oil in marinade then mix well for basting.
3. Grill marinated pork liver over hot charcoal for 2 minutes each side or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
4. Slice into serving pieces then serve with spicy tuyo-mansi.
Powered by Facebook Comments