Filipino Style Recipe: Arroz ala Cubana is an Spanish dish originate from Peru that has become popular in Filipino cuisine. This dish is similar to ground pork adobo which is simple and easy to prepare. It is made of ground meat cooked in soy sauce, sweet peas, raisins and carrots then season with salt and pepper. The dish is serve with steamed rice, fried cardava banana and sunny-side up egg.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes.
Estimated time of cooking: 40-50 minutes.
Good for 3-4 persons.
200 grams ground pork
200 grams ground beef
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup sweet peas, drained
1/4 cup raisins
1 small carrots, diced
1 medium-sized potato, diced(optional)
4 pieces ripe cardava bananas, halves
4 raw eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
sugar, salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry banana until light brown. Drain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, fry sunny-side up egg until set. Drain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, saute garlic, onion then add ground meat and cook until light brown.
2. Add soy sauce, ground pepper and chili flakes then cook for 10 minutes. Add a little water if necessary.
3. Add other ingredients then simmer for another 3 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning with sugar and salt according to taste then cook until nearly dry.
5. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed rice, fried banana and egg.
Powered by Facebook Comments