1 kilo chicken gizzard and heart, cleaned
5 gloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
2 thumb-sized ginger, minced
1 1/2 cups water
3 pieces dried bay leaves(laurel)
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
2 medium carrots, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup green peas
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
4 red chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
4 tablespoons annatto oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot, pour enough water then add gizzard and heart. Boil for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and let it cool. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat annatto oil then saute ginger, garlic and onions.
2. Add chopped gizzard and heart then saute to 2 minutes.
3. Add chili and bay leaves then pour soy sauce. Stir cook.
4. Pour water then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Pour vinegar and bring to boil.
6. Add vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
7. Transfer to serving plate then serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong atay at balunbalunan ng manok or chicken gizzard and liver adobo is another variety of Filipino adobo. Chicken gizzard, heart and liver is an exotic foods and usually served as favorite pulutan is some occasions.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons
350 grams chicken giblets and hearts
150 grams chicken liver
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon pepper corns
3 pieces bay leaves
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add giblets, heart and water then stir cook until almost dry and brown.
3. Add liver and cook until brown and tender.
4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, pepper corns, bay leaf and chili flakes.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste. Cook until sauce is thickens to nearly dry.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.